Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God.
1 John 4:7
Our hope is that, as your faith continues to grow, our sphere of activity among you will greatly expand.
2 Corinthians 10:15b
…serve one another humbly in love.
Like thousands of others you’ve moved to Whitby in order to enjoy all the advantages of small town living.
We invite you to spend an hour with us on Sunday morning for a chance to get away from the stress and pressures of your busy work week. We are sure we have something to offer you and your family that you can’t find anywhere else. You might even meet some of your neighbours or high school friends who have also moved to Whitby for similar reasons.
We know your time is very precious. Give us a chance to make your weekend complete and give yourself a good start for your busy week!
We demonstrate LOVE through:
- Lay Pastoral Visitation,
- Pastoral Care Calling Team
- Caring Card Ministry
- Prayer Chain and Prayer concerns ministries
- Lunch Table and the Bag lunch program
- Pot Luck lunches/dinners
- creativity – Quilters, Knitwits, Milkmats
- Dramatic and Musical Productions
We provide opportunities to learn and GROW in faith:
- Adult weekly bible study and exploring faith
- Adult Profession of Faith, membership gatherings
- Baptisms and weddings
- Youth Confirmation
- Audio Ministry and Communion to our home bound members
- Monthly Book Club
- Christian Meditation
- Vacation Bible Camp
- Kids church and youth programs
- Grief Support
- Healing Services
We SERVE at home, in the community and in the world:
- through the St. Mark’s Community Lunch Table, St. Andrew’s Community Outreach, Back Pack Program, Reverse offering Ministry
- Christmas Hamper Program
- support for The United Church of Canada Mission and Service Fund
- Milk Mat Project
- Collections for the Kawartha and Fenelon Falls Mission
- hosting the Annual Community Care Dinner
- Annual Christmas Day Dinner