Listen to the Music….
Invitation to Daily Prayer Time
Prayers Cycles (Click on the words to link to readings.)
During this difficult time and in light of the many restrictions on gatherings and closures in our community, the Council has decided to temporarily suspend in person worship at St. Mark’s until April, which includes Audio Ministry recording and distribution.
Health Emergency Update from St. Mark’s
St. Mark’s has been taking advantage of the many other ways of connecting with you. Our offices are closed to visitors, but we are responding to voicemail and email and encourage you to contact us if you have questions or need assistance. Jim is taking this time to clean and sanitize every square inch of our sanctuary and building to ensure that when we are ready to return to worship and work, we will do so safely.
Rev Patti is sending out daily meditations and prayers. We are staying in touch through calls and emails. Our website is updated daily and we are posting to our Facebook page as well. The advantage of this method of communication is that it can be shared, so we encourage you to share this information widely and visit our website regularly.
We are also reaching out to those who do not have access to our website or emails and making sure they are ok, answering questions and providing support where needed.
In times of crisis, the faith community is often the first place people turn to for support, particularly if the emergency has widespread health implications. Yet the very nature of being a community adds an increased level of risk if the emergency involves the spread of a respiratory (droplet) infection.
The church’s mission will guide us to do what is right:
- to love one another as Christ loved us
- to provide hope and compassion
- to take action and respond to community need
We encourage you to practice the following guidelines, as recommended by the United Church of Canada,:
- Stay healthy.
- Practise hand hygiene.
- Cover your cough/sneeze.
- Stay home.
- Keep your distance, recommended 2 metres.
The United Church of Canada has information on their webpage as well. You will find prayers and messages to assist you during this time of isolation from your church family.
Please click on the link for more details https://www.united-church.ca/covid-19
For online worship opportunities with the Moderator, Rev Richard Bott and others: please click on this link https://www.united-church.ca/community-faith/being-community/worship-online-during-covid-19 and follow the instructions to join worship.
Stay tuned for updates regarding the following services:
April 5 – Palm Sunday
April 10 – Good Friday
April 12 – Easter Sunday
For the kids and youth……
In order to minimize the congregational risks associated with the current Covid19 health emergency, we have cancelled the following: programs for Nursery, Sunday school and Youth.
St. Mark’s Office
The office will be closed to visitors until April 1.
If you need assistance:
- If you are ill, or self-quarantined and need any assistance, call 905-668-3091 ext. 0 and leave a message or email email@example.com.
- If you need someone to speak with because of your worries or personal concerns, please contact Rev Patti by phone/text 705.768.9052, email firstname.lastname@example.org or video chat
- If you need more information about COVID-19, visit the Durham Region Public Health CORONA-19 page.
Click on the following links to read more about these topics……
Durham Montessori School and Daycare at Church House.
Please note that the following events or gatherings at St. Mark’s have been cancelled or postponed due to the current COVID19 Health Emergency:
- Milk Mat Project – until April 1
- Footprints4Autism Respite Care Programs and Training for volunteers until April
- St. Mark’s Player rehearsals – until mid April
- Beavers/Scouts and Scout Forum Meetings – until after April 5
- UCW Unit Meetings and General Meeting March 24 – resume in April
- Chancel Choir Rehearsals
- Christian Meditation
- Therapeutic Touch Practice Group – until April
- UCW Auction – new date tba
- St. Mark’s Quilters – until further notice
- March Book Club
- Trustees Meeting postponed until April 23
- Health and Wellness Speaker event April 14
- Parkinson’s Choir – until further notice
- Mixed Blessings Rehearsals – until further notice
- Great Big Theatre Company Classes – until early April
- Audio Ministry recordings
- UCW Spring Fashion Show April 22 – postponed
- Kiwanis Music Festival April 26 and 27
*this list is updated daily
March 30 – St. Mark’s Community Lunch Table at 12 – THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED
Please register at the office, to reserve your seat at the table. Call 905-668-3091 x 0.