Sunday School, Nursery and Youth programming are offered each week.
November 24 – Reign of Christ Sunday & Potluck Lunch
December 1 – First Advent HOPE
December 8 – Second Advent PEACE
December 15 – Third Advent JOY – Children and Youth Service
December 15 – Choral Service at 3 pm
December 22 – Fourth Advent LOVE
December 24 – Christmas Eve Family Service 7 pm
December 24 – Christmas Eve Candlelight Communion Service 10 pm
December 29 – Celebration of Christmas
For the kids and youth……
Our next kidventure begins September 15: Animal Trek through the Bible
Youth are investigating music from the bible.
We have now received information for 66 families who need our assistance for Christmas.
Here are some ways that you can help:
- Sponsor a family; with children, a couple, or a single person. If you would like to sponsor a family, please contact the church office.
- Contribute non-perishable food items. Food items can be dropped off in the baskets at the back of the sanctuary or at the upper hall until Sunday, December 15th. See listing on the back of this page for food suggestions.
- Donate gift cards.
- Make a monetary donation – be sure to mark “Hampers Project” on your envelope. Visa/Mastercard and debit cards are accepted through the office Monday-Friday 9am-4pm.
- Please consider contributing to the sock/hat tree on Sunday, December 15th.
- Ask family, friends and work colleagues to contribute to this worthy project.
Salmon, Cake Mix, Tuna, Cereal, Beans (brown), Crackers, Peas/Carrots, Cookies, Corn, Jello/Pudding, Soup, Stuffing Mix, Chicken Noodle Soup (dry), Salad Dressing, Cheez Whiz, Instant Coffee, Peanut Butter, Ketchup, Jam/Jelly, Mustard, Fruit Juice, Pasta, Canned Fruit, Hot Chocolate (add water), Rice, Pancake Mix (add water), Pasta Sauce, Pancake Syrup, Liquid Dish Soap, Household Cleaning Supplies
Please check cans and bottled food to ensure Best Before/Expiry dates are OK, as expired items cannot be included in our hampers.
Contact the church office for more information!
Click on the following links to read more about these topics……
Durham Montessori School and Daycare at Church House.
November 25 – St. Mark’s Community Lunch Table at 12
Please register at the office, to reserve your seat at the table. Call 905-668-3091 x 0.
St. Mark’s Players present…..
Songs of the Season
Thursday, November 28 and Friday, November 29 at 7:30 pm
Saturday, November 30 at 4:30 pm
We invite you to join us to “kick off” your Christmas season with Songs of the Season at St. Mark’s. There are so many wonderful songs of the season including traditional carols, some popular songs people will know well, and, naturally, some for “kids”. With the music we have incorporated beautiful passages about love, peace and joy. We look forward to sharing this gift of music with you this advent season. Tickets will be on sale as of November 1, from the church office and as usual will be by free will offering (suggested price $20 per person). This is a St. Marks’ fundraising event.
Saturday, December 7 – from 11 am – 3 pm
A display of treasured nativity scenes, loaned by friends and family of St. Mark’s. Light refreshments will be served.